Summer at The Green Marketplace
Our Hours Shorten, But There is Still Plenty to Do!
With the heat of summer upon us, we will cut back our hours and only be open in June and July on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am – 5pm. We will close in August but may still have eggs available (check back). This is due to several reasons:
- Most produce does not grow well in Florida summers. We will have a few things, but not much.
- People aren’t wanting to do a lot of landscaping when it’s so hot.
- We have projects we need to get done to improve the marketplace. It is hard to work on these when we are open, plus it is generally dirty, sweaty work. Some key projects you will see are the fencing of the pasture, a new chick tractor, new irrigation in the nursery, and some new landscaping.
- We all a need a break and hopefully a vacation!
- We will host some summer day camps.
So as you can see we will still be busy trying to make the Green Marketplace a better experience for everyone but we will try to focus our efforts in the cooler part of the day.
If you need to shop for plants on a day that we are not open, you can schedule an appointment in advance with Kari by calling her at 321-536-1410
So we will plan to see you on Fridays and Saturdays. We will continue to have:
- Eggs (until the heat slows the hens down too)
- Raw cow dairy (sold not for human consumption per FL Stats.)
- Kombucha and Kefir
- Produce as available (summer fruits, possibly tropical greens, peppers, okra…)
- Local honey, jams and jellies
- Hypertufa art (leaves), hand painted pots
- plenty of plants (native, edible, butterfly attractors…)
- Heirloom vegetable seeds
- Handmade and natural skin care
- Nutrition products
If you are interested in volunteering to work on various projects on our to-do list, please contact us.